Author: Charles Zoe
Not only is belly fat unsightly but it has been scientifically linked to many health problems such as bloating, heartburn, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, cancer and dementia. And you thought having a muffin top was the worst part! The good news is there are a number of ways to reduce belly fat, to feel more attractive and avoid those scary health. The fastest way to lose belly fat is to adapt a sensible eating plan and do interval cardio training and abdominal exercises. Here are the 10 best ways to lose your belly fat – quickly and naturally.
1. Try to eat more fat burning foods such as brown rice, whole grains, vegetables, natural fruits, skimmed milk, lean poultry or meat, seafood and egg whites. I'm sure you already know all the ones to avoid as they are likely to be your favourites! The list includes pizzas, burgers, deep fried foods, bakery foods, fatty meats and all products that contain lots of sugar.
2. Limit Alcohol Consumption. To lose your belly fat, what you drink is as important as what you eat. Alcohol from time to time is OK. But forget about losing your belly fat if you drink beer & sweet alcohols daily. Beer drinkers always have a peer shape: belly fat & man boobs – especially as they get older. Alcohol also stresses your liver which has to overwork to clear the toxins. This can get in the way of building muscles.
3. Cut down on the diet sodas - because diet drinks, such as diet sodas are artificially sweetened, they typically contain 5 calories maximum per serving. So they don't directly lead to weight gain. But guzzling these beverages all day long does lead to potential problem - you drink less of every thing else. so having 1 or 2 diet sodas a day is fine, but if you are downing 5 or 6 12 ounce bottles, that means you are limiting your intake of healthier beverages such as tea. The best thing is - cut down on the drinks gradually and phase it out.
4. Keeping your body hydrated is essential to losing belly fat as if you are dehydrated your liver won't function and the fat burning process won't be as effective. Drink lots of water and also hot green tea neutralizes the effects of fatty foods. This is one of the best natural weight loss.
5. Exercising, above all else, will help you lose the belly fat and keep it off. Begin working out at least 30 minutes per day, doing an activity that will exercise the heart muscle and lungs as well as the muscles. Swimming, running and bicycling are all great choices to help you burn off belly fat. After a few months, gradually increase your workout time to one hour per day. Cardiovascular exercises are the ones that get your heart thumping and the fat burning, so cardio workouts such as brisk walking, jogging, aerobics and cycling are best for slimming your tum. If you exercise before breakfast your body will burn the excess fat in your body as there is no food available to burn, making it the best time to burn off that belly fat.
6. Eat Healthy. As the saying goes "abs are built in the kitchen". You can train hard & build muscular abs, but if you eat junk food all day, you won't lose your belly fat. Stop eating processed food. Eat whole, unprocessed foods.
7. Eating low fat foods is one of the ways to lose belly fat - making the choice to buy and eat low fat foods is good, but on one condition - you cannot eat more than you normally would. This is often the tendency, since the food is 'low fat'. Even fat free foods can pack on the pounds. Not all weight is gained merely from fat. If you eat too many total calories in a day, you will still gain weight, no matter where those calories come from!